Sunday, January 31, 2010

Re: Struts2 GWT and classpath

Thank you. I am farther along now. I learned much from -help as you
suggested.

I also think I understand that one runs two servers; 1 is run for GWT
(such as using a debug configuration) and the other server for the
struts 2 web server (via eclipse project right click - Run As - Run on
Server).

I was pretty excited to see eclipse offer: http://localhost:8888/s2?gwt.codesvr=10.0.0.2:9997
as a url to use when running in Debug mode for GWT. That's progress.

The web browser redirects from http://localhost:8888/s2?gwt.codesvr=10.0.0.2:9997
to http://localhost:8888/s2/ That's different than the hello-world GWT
app URL which has ".html" in it; See Sgwt.html -->
http://localhost:53650/Sgwt.html?gwt.codesvr=10.0.0.2:9997

I wanted the host page to come up with the typical hello world GWT app
of "Please enter your name: " that a new GWT project via eclipse
plugin gives you. However I get a blank web browser page. I am not
sure why the browser redirects to the module root like that.

Help? :)


On Jan 31, 12:30 am, Henry <q8e...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Finney,
>
> You can specify args to DevMode
>
> Run->Debug Configurations...->g(oogle) Web Application->New
> in the Arguments tab, you can add the name of your module(s)
> If in doubt, add the
> -help
> arguments in the Arguments tab
>
> Cheers,
> Henry
> p.s. checkouthttp://code.google.com/p/struts2gwtplugin
> and let me know what you think of that plugin
>
> On Jan 30, 7:34 pm, finneycanhelp <lovefin...@gmail.com> wrote:> Quick follow up / add on:
>
> >  I see the post about Maven and GWT athttp://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/threa...
>
> > However, my real concern is with a struts2 project (s2project) that
> > has:
> >   - /s2project/WebContent folder which contains index.jsp, WEB-
> > INF, ...
>
> >   - /s2project/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes is the output folder
>
> >   - /s2project/src folder which contains java source and struts.xml
>
> >   - /s2project/ivy.xml file
>
> > Thanks again for any help.
>
> > On Jan 30, 9:16 pm, finneycanhelp <lovefin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > My goal is to GWT-ize a struts2 (S2) project.  I read the archives of
> > > this list. Although email threads were quite informative, I do not see
> > > the answer to this situation regarding the Java classpath and GWT.
>
> > > Tools:
> > >   I am using eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers (3.5.1) and the
> > > GWT eclipse plugin (1.2.0) with GWT 2.0.
>
> > >   I created a GWT hello world application to compare to the small
> > > struts 2 application I am trying to enhance.
>
> > > Project layout:
> > >   - In the struts2 project, the S2 web application has its WEB-INF in /
> > > s2/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF and its output (.class files) go into "s2/
> > > target/classes"  It's a standard maven project.
>
> > >   - I see GWT has its WEB-INF located in /sgwt/war/WEB-INF and the
> > > output of the project is "sgwt/war/WEB-INF/classes"
>
> > > What I did:
>
> > >   - I changed the S2 project properties in the Google Web Toolkit
> > > dialog box to Use Google Web Toolkit.
>
> > >   - I also did the following:
>
> > >   + read the document at:
> > >    http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideOrganizingProjec...
>
> > >   + copied/modified over components from the brand new GWT web
> > > application
>
> > > My current obstacle / challenge is knowing how to add s2.gwt.xml,
> > > s2.html, s2.css so they are visible to the Jetty development mode of
> > > GWT.
>
> > > By hand, I copied over the s2.gwt.xml file into /s2/src/main/
> > > resources   However things did not work quite right. Trying a url
> > > like:http://localhost:8888/Sgwt.html?gwt.codesvr=10.0.0.2:9997 but
> > > for the s2 project did not work.
>
> > > How do I change the development mode of GWT in eclipse to use the s2
> > > resources ( \s2\target\classes ) ?
>
> > > I will have a similar issue with another struts2 project but it is not
> > > in a standard maven project setup. It has a WebContent folder which
> > > contains a WEB-INF folder and so on.
>
> > > Thank you for your help.
>
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Mike

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate