Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Re: More PYTHONPATH issues

Yes, the django directory is symlinked to Python/2.6/site-packages and
django-admin.py is linked to /usr/local/bin

On Mar 23, 5:59 pm, irishsteve <steve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you set up the necessary sym links?
>
> See points 3 & 4 at the bottom of this page:http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/install/
>
> On 23 Mar, 21:13, Riley <riley.sie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
>
> > I've done some extensive searching around this site, but no one's
> > advice seems to apply/fix the problem :(
>
> > Basically, I have python 2.6 and 2.5 installed on my mac (snow
> > leopard).  I installed django from a tarball, using 'sudo python
> > setup.py install'.  I'm pretty sure that this uses python2.6 b/c when
> > I run the command python -V it tells me 2.6.1.
>
> > I can 'import django' from a python shell inside the directory where
> > django is installed, but not anywhere else.  When I print sys.path, I
> > see that /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages is listed as part of the
> > path, and when I go to that directory to check I see both a
> > Django**.egg file and a django directory.  (Interestingly enough,
> > however, I am unable to 'cd' into this directory, even with sudo).
>
> > It seems as though the error is simply in python's path, but I can't
> > find it anywhere.
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Riley

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate