Thursday, April 29, 2010

[android-developers] sending email with a file attached that is not on sdcard

Background:
I have a voice messaging app that needs to send an email with the
audio file attached when user records and presses send. I dont want to
have the user see a mail client and push send in it. He's already
aware my app is going to send an email and has pressed a send button
in the app. The audio file is in the app folder area, not on the
sdcard.

Problem:
Using ACTIONSEND and Intent.EXTRA_STREAM (a) requires the file to be
on sdcard and (b) displays a mail client UI. I found a library called
javamail_lbmod.jar but it is over 1MB large; I feel thats overkill for
what I need.

Anyone know of a small library or other solution for my issue. I could
live with the sdcard requirement if I could just suppress the mail
client UI.
thanks
Jay

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate