Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Internationalization and defaults

Hi

I'm trying to make my website fully i18n/l10n compliant, but I'm
hitting a few issues with default values for translations.

To test my website, I've set my Accept-Language to French, and
compiled a complete french po file for all the currently marked up
content on my website. This works for the most part, however certain
words/phrases are translated to strings that are not in my po file.
For example, I have translated the word 'Home' to 'Accueil'
('Welcome'), however it displays on the website as 'Racine' ('Root')*.

Can anyone explain this behaviour? I presume this is one of django's
translations leaking through (although I can't actually find it in any
catalogue) - is there any way to disable django's catalogues?


Cheers

Tom

* Before anyone says anything; this is an example that exhibits an
issue - I've already changed this to 'Home (webpage)' and added an
english translation as 'Home'.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate