Tuesday, April 27, 2010

[Rails] Re: "ORA-12154: TNS:..." error after successful oracle connection

kimda <tkkscf@...> writes:


Hi kimda


The TNS error message from Oracle suggests the problem is with your
database string.

But your ruby oci8 diagnostic looks good (providing all the x's match) and
I've checked here and a similar ruby oci8 connection string also works for
me in Rails. (I usually rely on tnsnames.ora which is why I had to change
my connection string to check.)

However, I'm not running rails thru radrails - I'm using mongrel_rails from
command line here.

The only thing I can think of is that the process running radrails has some
problem using or supplying the connection info to Oracle.

Might be worth running rails from the command line in the same process
that can successfully run the ruby oci8 command.

regards

Greg


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate