Monday, May 31, 2010

[android-developers] Re: How do I programatically push my app to run in background?

Hi ,thanks for your reply,can you tell me how can i check wedr my app
is running in
background.Now I am checking by long press Home key.Is their any other
way?
If we give this.finish(),our current activity only getting finish,but
stil our app is running in background.Right?
But I cant see my app in running process.


On May 31, 11:37 am, NightGospel <wutie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Archana,
>
> This is simple. Just put your time-consuming tasks to a service and it
> will run in background and be destroyed until system shutdown or you
> stop the service programmatically. You can see the link to get more
> info and it can help you to solve this problem.
>
> http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Service.html
>
> NightGospel
>
> On 5月31日, 下午2時20分, Archana <archana.14n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > How can we programatically push our app to run in background?
> > I am doing one browser app. and when I am directly launching my
> > application and clicking back key . It will show in the list of
> > background running process.At this time Category is
> > "CATEGORY_LAUNCHER" but at the same time if we try to run same app via
> > third party app.and then clicking back key,its not showing in the list
> > of background running process.Here the Category is
> > "CATEGORY_BROWSABLE".and its not displaying in the list of running
> > process.I noticed that the same behaviour in default android browser.
>
> > But is their any way to make my app to run in background by clicking
> > back key without killing my application?
> > Please help,its very urgent.
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate