Friday, July 30, 2010

How to obtain specified border for a static map request

I'm attempting to fetch static maps that have a specified border. I
have attempted to use the visible keyword; however, this gives a
rather wide border around the map that I don't want. AN example URL
for what I am currently trying right now is
http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=37.6,-119.6&visible=32.1,-114.1|43.1,-125.1&size=541x541&format=jpg&maptype=roadmap&sensor=false
THis map should just be california with a little bit of the border
regions, but instead I'm getting a large part of mexico and Oregon,
not to mention large amounts of ocean and states to the East.

Is there a different command to use to specify the border of the map I
am fetching, or perhaps a some number that I can factor my border
numbers so that using the visible keyword provides me with the image
that I want.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Maps API" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-maps-api@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-maps-api+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-api?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate