Saturday, July 31, 2010

Re: Behavior afterFind not filtering data?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM, DragonFlyEye <dragonflyeye74@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, the problem appears to be that somewhere in the bowels of
> CakePHP's Models, it doesn't seem to like certain characters and just
> replaces them with "?"
>
> I've discovered this because I'm attempting to run batches through the
> Console. So, I'm only using a Shell script and the Model in question
> and I'm definitely getting "?" where I should be getting ™. I've
> verified that my database.php file is using 'encoding'  => 'iso-8859-1'
> and that my core.php shows Configure::write('App.encoding',
> 'iso-8859-1'); but neither of these two things is solving the problem.
>
> Cricket: I've finally convinced people here to get rid of the blasted
> weird characters and replace with HTML entities, but now the battle is
> actually getting that done! Trying to use SQL Server's Import and
> Export utility is at least as unsuccessful so far as doing it the
> CakePHP way and for a variety of reasons, I'd prefer to go CakePHP.
>

Sorry, can't help if it's a Windows environment. But my inclination
would be to convert everything to UTF-8 using iconv.

And I haven't used SQL-Server in over ten years, so I can't suggest
anything on that end.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate