Saturday, July 17, 2010

Re: should i use django

Udayan,

This can all be easily be done in Django if you were already familiar
with it. However, if you are starting from scratch with both Django
and Python it will take you two weeks just to get a handle on one of
these. I'm sure you can do it, but not within two weeks. I've been
working with Python for over 10 years and Django for about 2.5 years
and it recently took me about two weeks to get charting to work right.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but a two week project using tools
you are not already familiar with is a no starter.

~Carl

On Jul 16, 7:46 pm, uday <ukapa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I need to design a simple web app that would mostly display data
> from an xml file in different forms(like graphs,charts etc) after some
> processing.I have to do this in two weeks
>    I don't have any web development background.I am more of a systems
> programmer and thus use C/C++ a lot.But since i have used and liked
> python i turned to django.Have i made the right choice ? Is django too
> much complexity for what i want to do ? Are there lighter options that
> i can turn to ?
>
> Udayan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate