Tuesday, August 31, 2010

cakePHP .htaccess on Mac OS X

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find a solution
which works, so here goes...

I have a cakephp install on a Mac server. I don't have access to the
server itself, except to upload files.

The install is in a subfolder of the main site, called /newsite/

When I upload everything (from XAMPP on Windows, which is working
fine, although it's not in a subdirectory here), I get a blank page.
I've tried fiddling around with the htaccess files, and sometimes I
get 'Internal Server Error' and sometimes 'File not found', so it's
certainly something to do with the htaccess files, but I don't know
what!

They are currently exactly as they were when I downloaded them with
cakePHP. I would guess that I'm supposed to tell them somewhere to
look in /newsite/ instead of the webroot, but don't know how to do
that.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharon

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate