Wednesday, September 29, 2010

[Google Maps API v2] Re: Trying to populate many info windows

On Sep 29, 2:55 pm, stevex33 <steve...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I'm trying to popular many info windows in a google map.
> I'm be taking some user input to decide what locations should be put
> on the map from a database, but would also like to populate some
> infowindows with extra information from the database, for example a
> description of the location that was clicked on.
>
> I've read that you can use a kml/xsl/xml file of some kind to store
> the data and use that to populate the info windows, but that's not
> appropriate for my solution as I'll want to keep it dynamic.
>
> In other words, I want to display locations on a map based on user
> input, and from the same database I'd like to build some javascript
> strings to create the code to populate the content of the info
> windows.
>
> I think I'm making it sound much more complicated than it is.
>
> I guess a better way of putting it would be "how can I populate many
> info windows with different information using just javascript i.e. no
> external files storing the information?"

Investigate AJAX (Asynchronous Javascript And XML)

See this page of Mike Williams' tutorial (but the whole thing is a
good read):
Part 11 The AJAX Philosophy
http://econym.org.uk/gmap/basic11.htm

-- Larry

>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Maps API V2" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-maps-api@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-maps-api+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-api?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate