Tuesday, October 5, 2010

[Rails] Re: How RoR handles multiple sub-websites under one host?

Hi Marnen,

> > My question is, how can I start one "ruby server" and use one config
> > for multiple sub-websites?
>
> You normally wouldn't want to, if they're completely separate Rails
> apps.  If they don't share data or anything, they should be independent
> Rails applications running on separate interpreter instances.
>

I am working for university and there are nearly a hundred of sub-
websites under my host.
Running ruby server instances and maintaining config files of that
amount may not be feasible for me.

Actually, we are currently using ColdFusion which has a admin console
to handle the application server settings.
I want to keep the practice as similar as possible.


> Server modules like Passenger make this sort of thing very easy to set
> up...but you're using IIS (why?!?), and Passenger doesn't run on IIS.
>

Oh, yeah! Phusion Passenger is useful. I've heard of it.

But (very) unfortunately, our server config is Windows-base, using IIS
as web server, and database is MS-SQL...
It seems to be quite a tough job to introduce RoR to my workplace
under this environment.
I have to make it!


Cheers,

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate