Monday, November 29, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Help - Gecoding is failing on a regular basis - does anyone else notice this?

I use Geocoding a lot and measure the rate of failure in the field.
Within my App I will try a particular request up to 5 times before
declaring failure with a target of satisfying >95% of requests. I've
been hitting that service level consistently over the last 3 months.

If anything I would say that my perception is that it has improved
recently - but this may be due to increasing geographic spread rather
than an improvement at a particular location.

On Nov 29, 3:34 pm, pawpaw17 <georgefraz...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> In my app, I call the geocoder to get lat,long pairs for zip codes.
> This has worked
> great for over a year.
>
> However, recently I notice that sometimes as many as 8 out of 10 calls
> to get a location
> fail - and by fail I mean they return empty lists. However, sometimes
> it works.
>
> This is not the same issue as the emulator failure to geocode using
> API 8. this is
> on the actual device.
>
> Has anyone who relies on the geocoding API noticed this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> pawpaw17

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate