Friday, December 31, 2010

[android-developers] Reusing BitmapDrawable objects

I have custom skinned buttons. I set the bitmaps for the button
backgrounds using the addState method of the StateListDrawable class
and pass in a BitmapDrawable which is loaded from a file on the SD
card. Now I am having out of memory issues, so I thought that I would
try and cache the BitmapDrawable and reuse them for all the buttons on
a page, rather than creating a new one for each button. However, when
I do this, the buttons don't display correctly. For example if I have
two buttons of different sizes, the background is drawn at the same
size for both, rather than have each scale. Also, if one button on
the page is hidden, then the backgrounds for some of the other (still
visible) buttons disappear. This does not happen if I create separate
BitmapDrawable objects for each of the buttons.

My question is, am I supposed to be able to reuse these objects in
this manner? If not, how can I keep from duplicating the memory
required to skin each button on a page?

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate