Saturday, April 30, 2011

[android-developers] Re: AdSense in Admob banner?

I know where's the problem - my network operator in Poland (Era, from
T-Mobile) adds a service called 'Compressor mini' (which is in fact
Opera Mini feature), that is to limit data transfer.
Unfortunately it adds as well this toolbars.

Don't even ask - I'm pissed as hell on them, especially they disagree
to turn it off.


On 30 Kwi, 20:09, groob <krzysztof.grobe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Nikolay!
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I think it is not the code I should blame here.
> When I'm launching on my device Admob's examples (BannerEssentials,
> Banner-Details) I get exactly the same result.
> Also bannrers in other applications I downloaded from the market look
> equal.
> This makes me more think of my device and applications installed on it
> being guilty of the problem.
> Unfortunately I have no other Android phone available at the moment
> and emulators are displaying correctly red Admob test banner.
>
> It looks to me like AdSense's HTML code is, after being received,
> somehow wrapped (interpretted?) by some app installed on my device and
> thus not fitting the default 320x50px space.
>
> Your advice on changing Admob console settings doesn't help either -
> once AdSense disabled, no ads are received. I think Google want to
> teach me a lesson that fill rate will decrease indeed without
> AdSense. ;)
>
> Best,
> groob.
>
> On 30 Kwi, 05:23, Nikolay Elenkov <nikolay.elen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 10:37 AM, groob <krzysztof.grobe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > The questions I have:
> > > - Have I made a mistake in implementation and 'Ads by Google' can be
> > > excluded from being displayed?
>
> > We can't know without seeing your code. BTW I think you can turn off
> > the features to display AdSends ads in theAdmobconsole if that
> > doesn't work for you. You can fix the ad view's height to 50dp, that
> > would at least make sure it doesn't change size.
>
> > > - Maybe my rooted device acts different and it is causing regular
> > >Admobbanners to not display?
>
> > Unlikely. I use rooted NexusOne and have never seen this.AdSense
> >  ads are served only if there are noAdmobads available. Again,
>
> > check yourAdmobconsole.
>
> > > - Has anyone experienced the same? What are your thoughts? IMO
> > > presenting something like this is nonsense and will only make users
> > > upset - no marketing value, almost impossible to interract with,
> > > providing no information. It is more like a nightmare to both
> > > publisher and advertisers.
>
> > I agree it's not nice, but I haven't seen anything like it. Might be some
> > temporary glitch? Is it consistent?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate