Saturday, April 30, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Flaky Touch Screen on Nexus One

On Apr 30, 11:39 pm, Romain Guy <romain...@android.com> wrote:
> Figuring out which items are visible is pretty easy, you can use
> ListView.getFirstVisiblePosition() to know what section of your adapter is
> visible (getFirstVisiblePosition() + getChildCount() - 1 gives you the last
> visible position.)

Ok. So are you also agreeing that I should NOT be calling
Adapter.notifyDatasetChanged() to have the ListView automatically
refresh itself? And I should be updating the data in the cells myself
behind the scenes when individual data changes (but the overall
dataset count remains the same as before)? If so, this is complete
news to me. This completely defeats the purpose of having an Adaptor,
and breaks the MVC paradigm. The only thing I should have to do in my
code is tell the Adaptor that my dataset has changed, and the view
should redraw accordingly. Adaptor should have a
notifyDatasetChangedAtIndexes(int[] indexes) at the very least, rather
than force the developer to update the cells manually. I guess I'm
surprised Google is indicating the need for manual updates of data in
the cells.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate