Friday, April 29, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Getting notified when a device administrator is enabled/disabled

Thanks for the quick response Diane.  No, I am not writing an Admin, nor do I want to.  However, I am writing some security tools for our corporation and we require a Device Admin on the device to enforce our security policy.  So, one of the things I'm doing is looking to see that they have a Device Admin installed and active (easy enough), but since the user can turn it off anytime they want, I'd like to be notified when it becomes disabled (and reenabled again).  I don't intend to do anything more with the info and I never expected to be able to affect an Admin in any way.  It's more of a notification/awareness thing.

I can set an alarm and query the list of active device admins periodically, but polling seems such a waste when a simple broadcast would suffice.

Thanks,
- Rick Alther

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate