Tuesday, May 31, 2011

[Google Maps API v2] Google maps API and lines / Android

Hello everyone. I am new to programming and am enjoying the
experience. I have a couple of questions I was hoping one of you
experts could answer for me.

My goal: To create a google map (using the google maps api) that
contains A LOT of lines (using different colors) based on coordinats
(e.g. a red line connecting the points 37.065633, -95.674531 to
37.051117, -95.674514). I would like this code to be executed when
someone logs on to a mobile device (starting with Android) and enables
their GPS.

I read that this can be done with google maps static API but as I
understand it, all of the code goes into the web address and so this
is not possible given the number of lines I would like represented.

My questions:
1) What is the best google maps api version to use to do what I would
like.
2) What is a good source for the language necessary to apply this
series of lines.
3) I have been focusing on the development of the google maps api code
to create all the lines I want displayed assuming that this is a
separate issue from getting android to interface with such a map that
exists on my web page. Is this a relatively safe assumption. That is,
once I've developed the code for the google maps api to be put on my
webpage, does the process of getting it to show up on the android
device require a significant overhall of the code on the webpage?

I'm sure these sound like very simple questions but I have been
finding it difficult to find answers to this precise question.

Where I'm at:
I've been reading up on how to program using java and have an android
development book I plan on reading after I'm done with the java book.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Maps API V2" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-maps-api@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-maps-api+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-api?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate