Thursday, June 30, 2011

[android-developers] calling services from broad cast receiver

Hi all

I need some help. In application,I need a service.
The scenario is like this, my application runs after a specied time
laps or interval as set by user through an alarm manager and do some
recording of GPS and store upto 10 location and send to the server.
But some time connection to server takes a long due to server
congestion and my application goes to ANR state. To avoid ANR I need a
service class for location updation to the server from broadcast
receiver and notify the completion of service to the broad cast
receiver when result is OK from the server.

Please suggest me how can I accomplish this task.
The main question is how to notify the broad cast reciver that service
has completed its task?


Thanks and regards
Sapna Srivastav

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate