Saturday, July 30, 2011

[android-developers] Spurious "Location ... not been setup" error message on Window>Android SDK and AVD manager

The exact text of the error message is "Location of the Android SDK
has not been setup in the preferences", which is simply false: it HAS
been setup. But when I go to Window>Preferences to verify this, I see
another error message, which appears to be the real problem: it is
"Could not find <path>\tools\adb.exe!" where <path> expands to my
Location of the SDK, which really does have the 2.2 SDK in it, C:
\cygwin\home\Matthew Johnson\andSDK\android-sdk-windows.

I got into this mess by trying to upgrade, using the same Android SDK
and AVD manager, to Tools 12. I rebooted just like the directions
said, and now I get this error message, with no obvious workaround or
any other way forward.

BTW: adb.exe is on the system, but in a surprising location, I am not
sure how it got put there, it must have been done during the upgrade
attempt: it is in <path>\temp\ToolPackage.old01\adb.exe.

Did he SDK & AVD manager create this directory?

I am running the Eclipse Galileo IDE under Win7, where I include
Cygwin for convenience.

So what am I supposed to do now? I don't see any other way to update
the ADT other than the manager, and I can't run that without running
up against this error message.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate