Tuesday, August 30, 2011

[android-developers] Re: "Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory"

run the command "logcat" in the shell,

On Aug 4, 8:35 pm, devgeeks <to...@devgeeks.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new to Android development.
>
> I was working on a simple app and it was working great in the emulator, so I
> decided it was time to get a device to test it on.
>
> I am just a hobbiest and didn't want to spend a lot of money so I bought an
> incredibly cheap Huawei Sonic (U8650 apparently?) running Gingerbread.
>
> This is where my trouble began. I enabled Settings -> Development -> USB
> debugging, but whenever I try to use logcat on the device it just spits
> back:
>
> "Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory"
>
> Searching Stackoverflow, etc most of the answers turns out they were using
> some custom kernel or something that had logging disabled. This is a stock
> phone right outta the box, however.
>
> Is there any way for me to get logging working so I can debug my
> applications on this device or did I waste an admittedly small amount of
> money on this phone?
>
> Any help at all would be GREATLY Appreciated :(

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate