Monday, October 31, 2011

[android-developers] Ringtone and TTS

Hi,

I´m developing an application that should read the contact name.
I already created the BroadcastReceiver to receive the incoming phone
call, and already created the service that 'speak' the contact name
(using TTS).

But I´m getting an issue that I have no idea how to fix it. When the
phone ring, the ringtone start to play and I cannot hear the contact
name... (I can see by the logs that it is speaking it...). But if I
silent the ringtone (for example, pressing volume down), I start to
hear my service running (it reads the name).

It seems that ringtone is not allowing TTS to speak the name together
(as ringtone is only one allowed sound at this moment).

Do you know a way to fix this? Or have both sound coming out from the
speaker at same time ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
-Thiago

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate