Saturday, September 29, 2012

[android-developers] Hardware reccomendations: Next development laptop

Since the hardware would primarily be used for developing Android, I think this is on topic. 

My three year old Vista laptop does do well at complex builds in Eclipse, I'd just like to do more than one per day. ;)

What do you recommend for my next development laptop?

I really don't enjoy hardware shopping any more than car shopping. . 

I have a vague idea that I want plenty of processor speed, plenty of memory, Solid State drive, and  probably 15 inch screen. I do have a 17 inch screen now, and that was largely because I didn't even have an external monitor. Now it is docked to an external monitor most of the time, and is just too bulky when I actually do lug it somewhere.

This would probably gain me an hour of productivity every day, so I can afford to sink a 1-2,000 or maybe more.

I did have the idea of maybe getting a MacBook Pro, since it could do iOS development if I dabbled on the dark side, could possibly run Windows if I did some development on that side. Then again, getting a Windows Laptop  and a Mac mini could also solve that problem.

I haven't really gotten into Linux for a personal computer, though I do have a remote server running Debian now.

Nathan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate