Sunday, September 30, 2012

[android-developers] How to apply GPL license to Android App ?

Hi to all,
I write this mail because I'd like to apply GPL license to my Android Apps.

I read some step from  [url ] www.gnu.org)[/url] and I understand I have to do the followings steps :

1. Every file should have a copyright line
Esempio: /*Copyright 2012 Angelo Luciani*/
 
2. Every file should have a reference to the license
Esempio  /*  Nome-Programma is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

    Nome-Programma is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with Nome-Programma.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/> */

3. The code to be shared

4. A complete license shoud be present into the Project

IN REGARD OF THIS I HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS !

D1.  I wrote point 1 and 2 only to  .JAVA files, what's about .XML files, I need to write  them?

D2. What's about the database ? I create a .db SQLITE database.
Is it necessary insert GPL reference on it ?

D3. apk packet is without .java files.
Is it necessary to add them into the packet ?
If I publish the application source on the net I need to write the link in every code source files ?

D4. If you already use GPL license for Android Apps could you check if all steps are correct ?

Thanks in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate