Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Re: [Rails] has value in a console but it's nil in my controller and my view?

it seem some code create one nil record, maybe in controller

notice the payment id in console is 37, and in view, you get that record but not the last one




On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Jean <josorioe@gmail.com> wrote:

I have this strange behavior and I don't undertand why. Here is the thing:

I have this record in my payment model:

  1.9.3p286 :019 > u.payment.last    Payment Load (0.3ms)  SELECT "payments".* FROM "payments" WHERE "payments"."user_id" = 10   => [#<Payment id: 37, bank_name: "Mercantil", plan: "Plan Uno", date: "2012-12-25", reference_number: "3452435", coupon: "", user_id: 10, created_at: "2012-12-25 21:56:12", updated_at: "2012-12-25 21:58:31", active_until: "2013-01-24">] 

As you can see, I have one record for my user: 10.

If I try to get the same information in my controller I don't get any exception, but

  @user.payment.last.active_until

is empty, the same in the view.

For example if I try this in my view:

  <%= @user.payment.last.active_until %>

I didn't get anything, is blank.

If I try this

  <%= @user.payment %>

I got the same as my console

  [#<Payment id: 37, bank_name: "Mercantil", plan: "Plan Uno", date: "2012-12-25", reference_number: "3452435", coupon: "", user_id: 10, created_at: "2012-12-25 21:56:12", updated_at: "2012-12-25 21:58:31", active_until: "2013-01-24">, #<Payment id: nil, bank_name: nil, plan: nil, date: nil, reference_number: nil, coupon: nil, user_id: 10, created_at: nil, updated_at: nil, active_until: nil>]

I really don't understand what happend here. Any help please.

Thanks in advance.

PD: The user could has many payments, but I need just the last.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/eO7e0lKkhc8J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate