Sunday, April 28, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Paper Folding animation

Dan wrote:

Lew wrote:

Code that you convert for work was not written to teach you a moral lesson.


Perhaps you are being intentionally thick headed (in an attempt to maintain

Tsk, tsk. Now with the insults. Ad hominem.
 
your misunderstanding of something that seems clear to me.)    There are
alternate definitions in that list. Look up something like a didactic class, they
don't have to provide a moral lesson, and the adjective doesn't have to be
derogatory, e.g.:

Who said anything about it being derogatory? Straw man.
 

Uses the term in exactly the way that I suggested was correct. So?
 
Somehow I don't think a didactic lecture on the respiratory system would
match your misreading of the definition that limits it's use to things such
as Pilgrim's Promise.

Somehow I don't think you understood my post. It matches exactly the definition 
that I cited.
 
If you choose to convert code across platforms with the intent to learn (and

Your intent using the code is not relevant to the author's intent writing the code, 
which latter is what is relevant to the definition of "didactic". For example, were I 
to post a code sample here in the newsgroup, it would be didactic code because 
I post it for the purpose of instruction.

The code the OP described was not, AFAICT from their post, written for that purpose.

And so I asked * the OP * what they meant by it. Not for all the evil, smelly personal 
character flaws of which you accuse me, but for my understanding of what they meant.
 
doing so gives you lots of ways to learn vs. the standard "go google it" answer),
the exercise can be didactic.  Why the original author wrote the code has no
effect how it's used to learn.

The exercise of searching can serve a didactic purpose, but again, that has nothing 
to do with why the code was written, so it has zero bearing on whether one can fairly 
describe the code as didactic.
 
I suspect the OP is more clever than I am for recognizing your linguistic
baiting for what it was vs. my attempt to enlighten you.  I'll leave you to
your torturous misuse of the language and misguided nit picking.

Describing your post as "my attempt to enlighten you" begs the question of why 
you think I need enlightening in the first place, and is inconsistent with your rhetorical 
style of derogatory remarks, misstatement of the points with which you purport to 
disagree, and is itself a fallacy (whose name escapes me right now) wherein you 
expect your motivation for your statements to suffice to establish their validity, 
instead of evidence and logic.

I simply asked the OP what they meant by a term. Don't get your knickers all in a twist.

-- 
Lew

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate