Monday, April 29, 2013

Newbie: trying to get an existing project running on a different machine

Hi folks,

I'm a complete newbie to Django and I have to edit a few lines of code in an existing project.

Of course I can't to so on the production machine.

So I'm trying to migrate the existing project onto a new development server. Django is up and running there and I can create sample projects as described in

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/

. I have transferred the existing project onto the new development server. I can start it there, but when I try to have a look at its index page I get a runtime error:

File "/opt/djangostack-1.4.5-0/apps/django/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/sites.py", line 107, in unregister
raise NotRegistered('The model %s is not registered' % model.__name__)
NotRegistered: The model Consumer is not registered

This error happens in admin.py . This file reads:

from django.contrib import admin

import piston.models

admin.site.unregister(piston.models.Consumer)
admin.site.unregister(piston.models.Nonce)
admin.site.unregister(piston.models.Resource)
admin.site.unregister(piston.models.Token)

Now I wonder where the unregistered module might have been registered. I have searched the whole project tree for the string "Consumer" using grep and this string only occurrs in the file I already mentioned.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks in andvance

Horst


--
Horst Jäger h.jaeger@medienkonzepte.de
Medienkonzepte http://www.medienkonzepte.de/
Schaafenstr. 25, 50676 Köln, Germany
Tel +49 221 93187015 / Fax +49 221 93187029

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate