Thursday, May 30, 2013

[Rails] Re: Ajax - the Rails way!

Thanks Norbert! I read the document you recommended and here's my
opinion:

I found this document pretty good. However, there are a few things I'm
not clear. Under the "Putting it all together" section, the author said
"enough explanation, let's create a remote form that loads some content
into the page,..." but there was not any form at all. Down below, I saw
the "View" section which is totally empty. Then I saw the "Controller"
section which talked about view, namely the "_show.html.erb". I'm very
confused! I think the Comment example that the author tried to present
is pretty good. But it would have been better if he would begin with a
form, then the rails.js, along with any additional javascript, and
finally how Ajax result is rendered in the controller, and formatted
into JSON. Anyway, for the past four days devoting to Ajax on Rails, I
have not seen a complete working Ajax example from anywhere, so
frustrated right now.

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/9ab3c9d18659dc697302a8a17959fcb3%40ruby-forum.com?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate