Saturday, October 31, 2009

[jQuery] Installing jQuery to use jQuery UI

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the jQuery library. I want to use the accordion and
tabs widgets for a class project. I'm teaching myself javascript DOM
scripting and I found out about jQuery.

I have downloaded the jQuery UI downloads, but according to a post I
received on the jquery UI discussion board, I also need to download
jQuery.

I went to the http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials:Getting_Started_with_jQuery
page where info on downloading and installing are listed.

I'm unclear on what to download for jQuery and exactly what is needed
to install it.

I am running Windows XP Professional. I'm not running Java or UNIX
and I don't understand exactly what "make" or "ant" is. I sorta
remember seeing "ant" in the eclipse software, but I'm not sure. It
was a summer job and I was using UltraEdit to write HTML and CSS.

Could someone help me with this installation? I don't understand the
directions at http://docs.jquery.com/Downloading_jQuery.

I only want to use the jQuery UI. Is that possible?

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate