Sunday, January 31, 2010

Re: Integrate another project on GWT

Well, I think I fixed it. I've read this in the troubleshooting area:

" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
The problem occurs if you mistakenly enabled the Google App Engine
feature for your project when you created the project, or at a later
time during development, and have server-side libraries or classes
packaged with your GWT application war folder that violate the Java
App Engine sandbox."

It's not the same error that I got, but it seems that what my Lucene
files are doing is just this, violating the App Engine... I dont have
my files in the war folder, but it doesn't say that the way of
resolving it is moving any file into the server package, only
disabling the App Engine...

What do u think about that??


On 1 feb, 01:10, Sabbia <maestrosa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey rjcarr!!! Thanks for ur answer!
>
> At the end, I found my problem: it was because of the Google App
> Engine - 1.3.0. Can I tell u a little bit deeper?? (my curiosity is
> killing me softly...)
>
> In my server package I have a class called "Indexer". Inside of this
> class, a line just calls a value:
>
> MaxFieldLength lim = IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.LIMITED,
>
> needed to call the indexer function, but throws a
> NoDefClassException:
>
> ... index() threw an unexpected exception:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter
> $MaxFieldLength
>
> I don't know if that '$' wants to tell me something and I'm not being
> able to hear it! Others unexpected exceptions are thrown, such as
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/store/Directory, and
> more, always "NoClassDefFoundError" exceptions, although all jar's
> needed are imported and the compilation runs perfectly.
>
> Have u got any idea about why am I getting these messages, these
> exceptions?? AH!! I was forgetting it: the first message I get trying
> to index the files is an "Exception while dispatching incoming RPC
> call", but if I comment the rest of the lines and write a simple
> System.out.println("HI THERE"), there's no exception.
>
> It seems as if it couldn't resolve the Lucene classes and methods...
> but why just with the Google App Engine?? If I create a new project,
> and I don't select the "Use Google App Engine", problems disappear...
>
> Thank u very very much... all the weekend trying to catch the solution
> and no solution found is very frustrating...
>
> cheers!!
>
> On 30 ene, 11:00, rjcarr <rjc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There are a number of ways you can address this.
>
> > The simplest way is to put your button on your web page and keep it
> > completely separate from GWT.
>
> > Another way is to set up a traditional form (FormPanel, I believe)
> > with the action set to your search url.  This happens asynchronously,
> > but is probably the most traditional, as it uses a form.
>
> > Another option is to make the button trigger a non-GWT asynch call and
> > then trap the result.  You can do this with the request builder.
>
> > Finally, you can create a GWT rpc service that calls your lucene
> > search and then funnels the results back to the client.
>
> > Good luck!
>
> > On Jan 28, 10:03 am, Sabbia <maestrosa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi there!
>
> > > I'm starting with GWT, and although it's not been too much difficult
> > > to do my first things, i've reached to something i can't solve.
>
> > > What i'm trying to do is something as simple as calling another
> > > programm by clicking a button. Deeply, in Eclipse, I have another
> > > project, based on Lucene, that indexes and searches a word into the
> > > files of a directory, and I'd want to call the index and search
> > > functions by clicking a button of my GWT project. But I don't know
> > > where can I put the files from my other project and how to connect the
> > > click event to make it call the another files.
>
> > > Thank u, everybody, in advance, i'll keep on trying
>
> > > cheers!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate