Sunday, February 28, 2010

configuration and datasource

Hello all,
My cakephp application uses a few custom configuration constants which
I load from a configuration file.
I would like to have some of the users to be able to change the
settings of these constants.
My first idea was to use a database table which will contain these
configuration constants, but then I thought that every call to every
url would also create an extra call to a certain db table to fetch
these config constants.
I thought of another option which is creating a datasource which will
be mapped to a configuraion file so when an update will be needed,
this file will be re-written.
Is it a good idea?
How can I expose my configuration constants to be changed by some
users without loosing performance ? The database is constantly being
read and I don't want to add another read/write operation to it...
Thanks very much,
Roey

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate