Monday, February 22, 2010

Re: Best approach for modifying meta data?

Hi Michael,

Thanks, but acutally this is what I would like to do. I would like to
render the page after I received the keywords from database.

I thought, I could do it via the DOM object. Something like:

DOM.setAttribute( "meta", "value", "My keywords" );

If I do this, I can't see the changes inside my rendered html page.
Did you do it before?


On Feb 22, 11:35 am, mmoossen <mmoos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Dariusz!
>
> you should NOT set the keywords via a RPC call.
> since that info is only usefull to search engine robots, and they do
> not understand nor execute js code, your rpc call wont never be
> executed...
>
> just do it the 'OLD' way, getting the keywords from DB when rendering
> the page.
>
> HTH
> Michael
>
> On Feb 22, 10:28 am, Dariusz <darius...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a page with content coming from the database. I would like to
> > modify my meta tag to be able to put in some keywords coming from the
> > database.
>
> > For example:
> > <meta name="keywords" value="some keywords coming from the database">
>
> > This meta tag attribute value for "content" should be modified after
> > my RPC call. Does anybody know what's the best approach to get it done?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate