Friday, April 30, 2010

Beyound django auth - custom login function - where?

I'm fearful this is a really dumb question but I'll go ahead anyway.

My app is starting to need to go beyond basic auth. e.g. when a user
logs in, I need to check various related statuses, provide distinct
messages, set session vars and such like.

What's not clear to me is, if I provide my own login() method (one
that calls auth.authenticate, auth.login etc, and doing my custom
activities as per docs) ... where (how) is it considered best practice
to implement this?

Problem is similar to that described half way down here:
http://www.djangobook.com/en/2.0/chapter14/

Do I create a separate app dedicated to this task, or simply embed it
in an existing one?

Thanks, H

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate