Tuesday, April 27, 2010

OAuth Provider

I'm working on a project where I need to expose part of my site as an
API for external web services. The interactive portion of the website
is secured using the Auth Component. I want to have security around
calls into the API, but I don't want to have to store username and
password combinations on the external systems. I was looking into
OAuth as a possible solution to this problem. Unfortunately, I have
only Cake tools that act as an OAuth consumer. In my case I need to
act as an OAuth Provider, so I don't thing the consumer tools will
work for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might go about leveraging OAuth
to secure inbound API calls? Or, more generally, does anyone have any
suggestions on how I might secure inbound API calls using another
technology that would coexist well with the Auth Component that I am
already using?

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate