Friday, April 23, 2010

[Rails] New to rails - apparently need patch to use PostgreSQL

Help please. My first attempt at Rails, I'm trying to use PostgreSQL
and I'm seeing this error. I'm also new to PostgreSQL, but the
default encoding in PostgreSQL appears to be SQL_ASCII. I'm not sure
if I should try and get the patch or try and change the PostgreSQL
template. Sorry I'm so confused. FWIW, I've been a .NET MSSQL
developer and want to get up to speed on Rails with PostgreSQL.

Thanks.

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/4304-cannot-set-postgres-adapter-encoding-to-anything-besides-utf-8

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate