Tuesday, June 29, 2010

[android-developers] Question about .asec (encryption) on Froyo 2.2 (Emulator)

Hi,

can somebody please explain how asec exactly works? I couldn't find much
info about it on the mailing list or elsewhere.

I installed my app on the emulator with 2.2 and onto the sdcard. When I
browse via adb shell, I can see that the encrypted app file lies under
/mnt/secure/asec/com.myapp-1.asec but it also lies as plain apk file
unencrypted at /mnt/asec/com.myapp-1/pkg.apk as well and I can do a 'adb
pull' without special permissions and unzip it to see it's content.

Unfortuntately my N1 is in repair and I cannot check on a real device
right now - but wondering, why can I still access the plain apk so
easily (at least on the emulator)?

Thanks,
Mathias

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate