Wednesday, June 30, 2010

[android-developers] Re: refresh gallery after saving photo in android

Well, for starters most of the code samples include "file://" before
the path in Uri.parse, so you might want to add that.

That said, I'm not having much luck forcing a rescan of a particular
folder on the SD card...

On Jun 7, 1:19 am, Andy Triboletti <andy.tribole...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an application where I want to have the ability for the user to
> save one of the photos they are viewing to their phone locally.  I got
> saving working, and now I want to automatically refresh so they don't
> have to turn off their phone before it shows up in the gallery.  I
> googled around and saw this:
>
> sendBroadcast(new Intent(Intent.ACTION_MEDIA_MOUNTED,
> Uri.parse(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().getAbsolutePath() )));
>
> I tried doing that, but it didn't refresh for me.  Does anyone have
> any ideas?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate