Friday, July 30, 2010

[android-developers] Re: adding audio to a game - triggerClip for SFX

triggerClip() was designed to play synchronized sound effects for
musical games like JetBoy.

If you just want to play random sound effects, I would use SoundPool
instead.

On Jul 30, 5:53 am, kk <kkostia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using JetPlayer in order to add some audio to a game I'm
> developing.
> Using the examples in JetBoy I have managed to create a .jet file
> using JetCreator and play an audio track.
> So far so good. However, I'm having some trouble playing sound effects
> for my game.
>
> I have a set of very small .mid files, each containing a shooting
> sound for a different weapon.
> However, when I try to add the .mid file in JetCreator I get
>    "The segment starting and ending times are illogical"
> I'm guessing this is because the clip is too short and starting/ending
> M/B/T are both 1/1/0 ?
>
> The idea was to add these SFXs and then use triggerClip to play them.
> My question is, background music aside (I can make that work) what's
> the best way to add SFX in a game
> so that you can trigger them at any point programmaticaly? (i.e. have
> something like playShootingSFX1(),
> playShootingSFX2(), etc. that will go and play the SFX immediately).
>
> thx in advance,
> k.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate