Saturday, July 17, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Disabling Java formatting in the Eclipse editor

Out of curiosity, what do you hate about the Java formatting. I
rather like it myself.

On Jul 17, 3:23 pm, A Curious Developer <imdb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a (simple) way to completely and utterly disable all Java
> formatting in the Eclipse editor?
>
> That is an Eclipse question, but I appreciate your indulgence because
> this problem is slowly driving me insane. I am spending a lot of time
> fixing code to make it look good again after it gets mangled by the
> automatic formatting. I thought I had removed all formatting keyboard
> shortcuts, but I missed something because my code keeps getting
> changed. I suspect the culprit to be the Source\Format menu option
> because that can be triggered by Alt-S-F which is very close to Alt-F-
> S, the File/Save command. So a little finger slip and ... bam! ...
> code mangled. Unfortunately, the mangling is not always done where I
> am looking (since it is applied to the entire file), so I don't always
> know to undo it.
>
> Is it possible to disable or remove a menu item?
>
> Although I have set up the formatting rules to do as little damage as
> possible, the rules are not flexible enough to cover everything. My
> last resort will be to change the Eclipse code itself, but ... blech.
>
> Thanks for any tips.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate