Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re: Having problems with GWT and RMI for client-server communication

Hi,

I think that you're having a Google App Engine Problem rather than a
GWT problem: the class that you mention is not the white list of
Google App Engine. Hence the exception. http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/jrewhitelist.html

If your plan is not to run you app on Google App Engine but on a
regular java server, than the issue comes from the setup of your
project (uner Eclipse) where you probably ticked the GAE box when
defining it, then Eclipse included the gae environment.

Hope it helps

regards
didier

On Sep 29, 3:54 pm, "christophe.jour...@stambia.com"
<christophe.jour...@stambia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with GWT and RMI.
>
> I'm trying to make this kind of application : (GWT Client)<->(GWT
> RPC)<->(GWT Server)<->(RMI)<->(external server)
>
> I know that I can't use RMI in the client side code but I do not
> understand why i'm having troubles on the server side code.
> The application compile correctly but it makes an error message when
> trying to do RMI request :
> "java.rmi.Naming is a restricted class. Please see the Google  App
> Engine developer's guide for more details."
>
> I have read lots of messages that say it is possible to use RMI and
> GWT like I want to, but I have also read lot of messages that say it
> is not possible.
>
> So my question is, how to make RMI requests working on the client side
> code ?
>
> Christophe.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate