Monday, February 28, 2011

[android-developers] Re: reflection

Hi Zsolt,

Thanks for the response.

I am trying to alter something in android framework source , and this
calls for an addition of a new class in framework source.
But I did not want to add any new source under framework, instead
planned to have it under vendor and load that new class dynamically in
framework later.

So I was thinking if reflection will come in handy.

Regards,
Krt

On Mar 1, 9:47 am, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The answer is, of course, not.  They are probably using different
> class loaders.
>
> The better question is, why would you want to do this?
>
> On Mar 1, 12:09 pm, Krt <keerthira...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > I am trying reflection in android.
>
> > It works fine for classes, say A and B, under same project(same
> > process in other words).
>
> > It does not work between two different processes.
> > i.e. I have
> > project A, package name com.ref.classA
> > project B, package name com.ref.classB
>
> > Can I call from project B, Class.forName("com.ref.classA");
>
> > I get exception class not found when I do this.
> > Please note I have not imported package of calssA in classB.
>
> > Am I missing something? or it is just not possible to do it between
> > different processes.
>
> > Any input would be of great help.
>
> > Regards,
> > Krt

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate