Monday, May 30, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Re: Moving from free app to a paid model

I already have an export to SD, import to whatever version design so even if I had to force them to install a new app it'd be easy.  I'm mostly worried about what the conversion rate might be.  My app is based on long-term data storage and analysis, so old users who simply can't upgrade (eg, due to market limitations & etc.) might be put off.

Most of my traction came from overseas.  Fragmentation is an issue (I really want to drop support for Android 1.x) and I'm guessing I'm going to be supporting a "final" free version forever.

I'm thinking in-app billing for upgrades to a "pro" version might be the best way at this point... any advice on handling this?

Cheers again,
- C

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate