Friday, September 30, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Adding number to contact

Look at the source code of the Contacts app.

On Sep 28, 5:19 pm, M J <fakeacc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I really need your help. All I want to do is adding a number to an
> existing contact with a specific label and the ability to remove
> numbers again.
>
> I really tried a lot of things, but none of it works for me. I want
> only support the contacts api > 2.0 and not 1.6. And I do not want to
> create an own Sync Adapter or any Sync Accounts like Skype Twitter and
> so on.
>
> I just want to add and remove numbers to the standard phone book. Is
> this really so hard? I cannot find any documentation for this.
>
> My problem is the raw contact id, I do not have this raw contact id, I
> only have the contact id of the agregated contact and the contact
> name. It seems that I need to add a number a raw contact id, but I how
> do I know to which raw contact id I should add the number? I think the
> best would be to make my own raw contact and add the number there, but
> how can I do this?
>
> I found out how to add a completely new Contact described in the
> ContactManager sample, but if I try this, there are two contacts with
> completely the same name. So this cannot be the right way, too.
>
> I hope any one can help me
> Thank you in advance!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate