Friday, April 23, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Rotate an OptionMenu and a whole layout

Hi Chandlar!I have the same code  but i've used it to solve another
problem, not the things i was talking about before.I used it to avoid
some crashes of the camera when the app restarts after a standby,
because sometimes the camera preview gets width and height inverted.
I'm curious... Using the camera, have you forced the activity
orientation to let it stay in the landscape mode in the manifest or
not?
If I don't do that in portrait mode, the camera preview is visualized
on the screen but divided in two parts both rotated of 90 degrees.
So I decided to stay only in the landscape mode.
I think it's correct, because all the app I have seen, using the
camera, used the landscape mode by default.
From this scenario (activity fixed in the landscape mode), I want to
visualize some views, in my layout, overlayed on the camera preview in
any position the user puts the device.
Layar is the only app, which can do that.
It seems "to rotate" all the views, which compose the layout, using
the sensor orientation to undestand in which position the device is,
but without modifying the activity orientation, that remains in the
landscape to show the camera preview correctly. The same happens with
the Option Menu.
Why do I say that?
Because if you try to change for example volume while Layar is
running , the sound dialog is fixed in landscape. Have you undestood
now my problem? I hope so.

Looking forward to hear from you, Kind Regards,

Paolo

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate