Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Re: Reading "My Map" data using API

On My Maps click the 'View in Google Earth' link and save the KML
file.

Now open the KML file in a text editor and look at the <href> element
URL.

Replace all occurences of &amp; in that URL with &.

The URL is now a link to the KML that you want to build your map with,
you could use the API built in GGeoXml() method to build your map with
the KML:
http://econym.org.uk/gmap/geoxml.htm

Or EGeoXml() can be used which allows more control over how the KML is
rendered:
http://econym.org.uk/gmap/egeoxml.htm

Martin.


On 29 June, 16:25, Mart <yahoo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to create a simple travel blog site for my future travels.
> I can't be bothered with a full blown blog and I'd like people to see
> where I am. My idea is to edit a My Map (whilst on the road) with my
> route and some quick comments on place markers I'll add along the way.
>
> I'd like to put it on my own website and present it so that comments
> are listed separately to the map. A lot like this infact:http://marcgrabanski.com/articles/jquery-google-maps-tutorial-basics
> (See 'View Final Demo').
>
> The above tutorial puts the markers on seperatly using the API which
> won't work in my case (I think?). I would simply like to 'read' the
> comments from the place markers (Replacing point0,1, etc with London,
> Paris, etc depending on the marker title).
>
> How can I do this?
>
> I've spent the whole day reading too many tutorials and stuff but it
> all seems to refer to placing markers on a static map which is no
> good.
>
> Some threads, including on this forum, suggest using the 'Link to
> Google Earth' to generate a KML and read it in like that but my KML
> only contains a 'Network Link' with a href to my map but with an
> 'output=KML' suffix.
>
> Any help or pointers would be great. At the moment I'm just too
> confused!
>
> Thanks in advance

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Maps API" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-maps-api@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-maps-api+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-api?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate