Friday, September 30, 2011

[android-developers] Thanks, Android Developers are the BEST! Another question about databases?

Before my question....Once again thanks for the help, I'm finding
everyone around Android so helpful and kind :)
I found a lot of info with the answers to my last question and have
been reading even more :) I'm learning lots and I'm so happy that is
it so far clicking with me, although its not easy, I thought I was
going to have a much harder time. I just so glad I'm learning :)

OK question time:

I'm creating a app that is going to be storing lots of data. What I
want to know is if there is a way to query (pull) this data and create
a report/form, something I specifically make, I'm not looking for it
to just list data in rows or something. I need the "report","form" to
be specific (something I can create the look of and just have the data
imported into the right places whenever someone asks the app to
produce a report) Is there a way to program this, either within the
same app that's going to be collecting the data, like in the
background or can I make another app to do it. Like say a doc file or
PDF (I'm sure I can't write from the database to a doc or PDF
directly, but maybe export the data to some other file, that has my
layout in place, and just puts the data where I want it then convert
to doc or PDF, the doc and PDF are not important as long as I can just
make a file with a specific look, that can be printed at some point)

Example:
Someone using the main app, which lets them document things like a
patients name, birthday, vital signs, pain info, falls, and so on and
so on....
Now either same person or another person whats to print a report about
that patient data.... but instead of just creating a file of some
human readable kind with rows of data.. it creates a nice looking file
something I pre-created/programed that just imported that certain data
in the right places....

Sorry that took so long to get out, I also kinda repeated myself, I'm
just making sure my point get across right :)
Thank you Thank you for reading and trying to help me!!!!!!!!!


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate