Thursday, May 13, 2010

[Rails] Re: HTML and CSS to PDF

Thanks for the great info Jeff.

You raise the same points that I have raised in our team. It would be
easier to convert html into a pdf instead of us spending the time to
develop code using Prawn for custom views.

Prince worked on a simple page, but when I tried it on a more
complicated one I got a ton of errors like the following:

prince: /Users/jonathan/tmp/97.html:552: error: Opening and ending tag
mismatch: div line 480 and html

followed by just as many:

prince: /Users/jonathan/tmp/97.html:552: error: Premature end of data in
tag div line 372

and ending with:

prince: /Users/jonathan/tmp/97.html: error: could not load input file
prince: error: no input documents to process


I tried out wkhtmltopdf and really like it. My only concern at this
point is that I can't get page breaking to work, and I found some recent
posts that would suggest it can't do page breaking.

I'm looking at acts_as_flying_saucer now, but can't get it to work for
complicated examples. I will probably be going with either prawn,
wkhtmltopdf, or acts_as_flying_saucer.
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Real Estate